Monday, April 11, 2011

I will follow.

Wow!

What an amazing weekend.
It actually started on Thursday night with the start of our Joie de Vivre Women's Conference.

The theme this year was WONDER.

Our speaker for the night, Mrs. Daphne Gaspard, did an amazing job.

The entertainment for the night was simply hilarious and unforgettable.

She spoke to us about finding the WOW moments in our daily lives.

They are there.

Everyday.

We just get caught up in our routines, that we sometimes, or all the times, forget to notice them.

It's a shame really...

how we overlook the wonder all around us.

The scripture for the conference was:

Psalm 40:5
Many, O Lord, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell them they would be too many too declare to you.

The things YOU have done.

The things YOU planned for us.

Too many to recount to YOU.

WOW!

There is so much truth in that scripture, and for me personally...so much revelation and confirmation.

revelation-something revealed, sudden inspiration or understanding

confirmation-something proven, something validated

It seems as though, the entire theme of the conference has been my life lately.

Many, O Lord, are the wonders that YOU have done.

The wonders that HE has done are uncountable...and that's just the past month of my life.

Actually, the past few weeks.

The second night, Friday night, was equally WONDERful.

Meredith Andrews led worship for us.

So great!

I was tempted to put her in my pocket and take her home with me.

Ya know...to sing to me all the time.

I could have left right after she was finished.

I had church, standing in worship, and later just sitting in awe of her beautiful voice and the messages in her songs.

I think me and the lady sitting next to me went through an entire box of kleenex together.

The songs spoke to my heart so loudly.

HE whispered softly to my heart, "Follow Me, just follow Me."

He has been sending me lately.

To new places.

Into new circumstances.

Things are happening all around me.

New things.

Good things.

Some scarey things.

I've questioned Him, "Me? Are you sure you want me to do that?"

Yep.

HE wants me to do ALL of it.

Isaiah 43:18
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a NEW thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

I've been so caught up in all the newness and the "being sent", that I seemed to forget that at the same time that I am being sent by Him...I'm also following after Him.

That gives me peace.

It's sort of an oxi-moron isn't it?

To be sent and to follow all at the same time.

But, then again...

HE is the beginning and the end.

The Alpha and the Omega.

HE is my Sender and my Leader.

My Hope and my Direction.

I am not alone.

He is with me.

Always.

HE is everything.

WOW!

I'm glad I stuck around and didn't leave right after the worship.

Our speaker for the event was Mrs. Nancy Alcorn.

A-MA-ZA-ZING!

Wow!

She is the founder of Mercy Ministries. A ministry that rescues all ages of abused women. They take them in, love them and pour Jesus all over them...until He washes their lives clean and makes them whole again.

Simply amazing.

He is such a faithful God.

She spoke on how we are all called to do something.

Something.

We are all created with a purpose. It's our fear that holds us back from living out that purpose, and experiencing the annointing that God has for each of us.

He has a dream for all of us.

HE wants us to follow Him.

To follow.

To live out our dreams.

To grasp on to our annointing and preach the gospel to His children.

Our sisters. Our brothers. Our neighbors.

Oh! How I want that annointing!

The evening was topped off with some delicious gumbo and fun fellowship with a group of wonderful ladies.

I will never forget the conference.

I will continue to look for the WOW moments.

I will grab hold of the dream that HE has waiting for me.

I will follow HIM.

I will follow.

Matthew 8:19
"Teacher, I will follow YOU wherever YOU go."

1 comment:

  1. THe conference was amazing and made me realize that WOW moments are not only in things, but in our family! This morning on the way to work, I had a WOW moment with the most amazing sunrise ever! I will post to my profile - unfortunately, all I had was a phone camera! Darn the luck, but I think God's wonder will shine through bad photography! Love you Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!