Monday, April 25, 2011

Keep waiting!

The last time I blogged, I stressed my emotional dilemna of filling out my daughter's graduation announcements. As hard as I knew it would be, I also knew it had to be done. I am happy to report that as of this morning, they were mailed out!
Can I get an AMEN!!
This past week or so, has been a little slow for me. Even though I had lots to do, things in general seemed to be moving slowly.

Sigh...

I think I've been in a little slump of sorts.
I'm in the waiting.
I'm in the..."Okay? Now what God?" phase of the whole equation.

You see, sometimes God calls us to move...
then He calls us to be still.
To wait.
The waiting...
the period of silence.
The time where my faith needs to sustain my every breath and existence.
The time where I must learn from the silence and trust Him.
Trust. HIM.
I'm not going to lie and say it's easy.
Whew...
cuz' it's down right excruciating at times.

I'm wrangling with my flesh here.

But, I know its doable...and I can do it.
I WILL DO IT.
And just because He is putting an end to one thing...
doesn't mean it's all over.
It's only just begun!
I have been able to catch up on a few blogs lately. I had lost track with all the wonderful blogs that I signed on to follow.
Whew! Doggie!
Did I hit the jackpot this past weekend!
Such wonderful blogs about the season of Easter.
The selfless crucifixion and the resurrection of our Savior!
Oh what joy there is in just writing that!!
I am forever redeemed and the tomb is forever empty!
Seriously...
I'm gonna have to get another AMEN!!
One of the blogs really hit straight to my heart this past weekend.
It was the Grit and Glory blog by Mrs. Alece Ronzino
She is downright fantastic!!
I've been following her blog for a while now. It's always filled with the REAL stuff!

You know...

The stuff that makes you think she might be peeking through your windows and spying on you because the blogs are so spot on with your life.
The stuff that hits you in your gut.
Speaks straight to your spirit.
And can grab your heart with it's little bloggy hands.
I Love It!!
She wrote each day of the Easter weekend, but it was her Saturday post that got to me the most.
It was titled: Silent Saturday
She spoke of how the disciples did nothing on the Saturday between the day of the crucifixion and the day of His resurrection, but wait.
They waited.
In the silence.
For the words of their Savior to come to pass.
To come to life!
Literally.
They had followed Christ to His death and now it was time to wait.
They waited after the death.
They waited for the LIFE!
She spoke ever so gently and perfectly poeticly about what comes out of death.
When it's over, lost, gone, broken beyond repair...that's when things have really just begun.
Life after death is so much more extraordinary than life before it.
Wholeness comes from brokenness.
Beauty is birthed in ashes.
Keep waiting.
Redemption is coming.
And it did just that!
It came.
He came!
Out of the tomb!
I'm starting to get a little excited as I wait.
I will be hopeful.
Because in the silence of His arms...
I will find redemption!
I am redeemed!

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Luke 21:28

But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!