Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm going! Just wait, you'll see.

God's voice...

It's not always easy to descern.

At times, I wonder if it's my own voice wishing or wanting something to the point that I think I hear God whispering it to me.

Other times, I have to seek Him to find Him out, and then I still don't know and have my doubts.

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

A friend of mine, who has mentored me spiritually for many years, told me not too long ago, that the way you know it is God's voice, is that He will always tell you something that you wouldn't have thought of yourself.

His thoughts are different from our thoughts.

He is omniscient and we are, simply put...far from that.

We think with a fallen flesh.

His thoughts are just, pure and perfect.

Without flaw.

Deuteronomy 32:4

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He.

John 10:27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

A few years back, God spoke to me about something.
I was reading my bible one morning and soaking in some quiet time, before the kids woke up.
He firmly said,
"I'm going to send you to Kenya. Get prepared."
I never doubted it was His voice.

Never.

I never doubted He would send me.
I told my husband, and he also felt it was God's voice I had heard.
We both got a little excited, anticipating an upcoming trip.
We have a heart for missions.
Our hearts salivate when we see or hear about the upcoming mission trips at our church.
It's honestly what our hearts long for as part of our future.
My husband is a mason.
A builder, who loves to work with his hands.
He wants to do missions, and possiblly have a chance to build someone a home, who may not have the luxuries that we do.
He wants to put his hands in the dirt and the mud and build a home for a family.
I love the ministry of missions.
But, Africa?
I want to go simply because God told me He was going to send me there.
Actually, I never thought of it before that.
I've had a heart for missions, but Africa...specifically Kenya, just wasn't the first choice on my list.
Since He spoke those words to me a few years ago,
my heart has grown and Kenya has a special place within it.
Maybe that's the "preparing" God was talking about.
Preparing my heart.

Preparing it for His will, and not my own.

When I think about placing my foot on the soil of Africa and breathing in the air, my heart gets excited.
When I think of reaching out to the lives of women and children with the word of God and the love of our Savior,
my spirit gets excited.
When I think of flying on a plane for hours to reach foreign soil, my stomach gets a little queezy, my lunch starts to creep back up, and I have a small panic attack.
(I guess I still have a little preparing to do.)
But, I know (okay I'm hoping) that when God sends me there, He will prepare my stomach.
It's been a few years since God spoke that into my future, actually about 5 years or so. I think my family has begun to have their doubts.
Maybe because He said it so many years ago and it hasn't happened yet.
Maybe because they think I'm a little crazy.

Neither one bothers me really.

Because, which ever one it is...
I still believe.
I still know.

(I know that I know that I know.)

The other day, the subject came up, and my husband asked,
"Are you sure that God didn't say Kinder? You know they do sound alot alike."

(hardy-har-har)

To which I laughed and said,
"Nope. I'm pretty sure he said Kenya."
(If you are from around here, you probably just giggled out loud to yourself, because you know that Kinder is a very small town in the boonies of Louisiana.)
Thanks Babe.
We sat in church this past Sunday, as our church announced the upcoming Small Groups for the fall season.
One of the groups is called the Missions Institute group.
It is a one night group in the month of November.
The auditorium of the church will be transformed into Africa.
We will eat the food, learn about the culture and be educated on how we can be a part of the mission programs helping in Africa.

I was elated!
Hello!!
When we got home, I told my husband I thought that we should attend the small group. I mean, it's only one night and I thought the experience could prepare us for our future trip.
My daughter interrupts to say,
"Maybe, that is what God was talking about. That you would go to Kenya at the church."

She giggled at her own cuteness.
I...did not.
Really?
Oh ye of little faith!
I'm going! Just wait, you'll see.

(And the two of you, will be fighting for the seat next to me on the plane!)

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 140:12
I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!