Monday, August 29, 2011

Giving changes the heart.


This past weekend we did our final fundraiser, in an attempt to gather up as much money as we could to contribute to our daughter's tuition to Master's Commission this September.
Can I just say how extremely HOT it was!
I'm talking hot hot!!
Hott with two t's hott!!
The "I can barely breathe it's so hot and the sun is burning a hole in my head hot!"
My shirt was soaked, as I got up smiling to hug and greet those people who I knew.
Except, my daughter didn't notify me of this until we were packing up to leave, and I noticed my shirt was wet. I'm sorry to those of you who I hugged soaking wet with my own sweat.
The fundraiser was a great success.
Thank you so much to all who gave or donated to our cause.
The people who bought and gave had such a great response when they found out what the fundraiser was for.
People truly want to live in a better world.
One filled with the spirit of Love, not the spirit of hate.
I think it's something we all wish, pray and believe for.
People want to see younger adults taking a stand to make a difference.
They are our future.
We were given a very loving response, and it made us proud to sit in the sun for hours and endure the scoarching heat as long as we did.
The night before and that morning...
I prayed for some nice cool breezes and to sale out quickly.
We got those cool breezes and we left at noon.
Thank you sweet Jesus for that!!
We had alot of people who just simply gave.
They wanted no cookie, brownie or cupcake in return.
They just gave.
I think that blessed me more than someone buying a few cookies that I had baked.
It made my heart melt when they said,
"I don't want anything. I just want to give."
Through out the day we saw many acts of kindness like that.
Even those who bought a goodie, handed me their money, smiled and said,
"You can keep the change."
One man really stood out to me.
His act of kindness made an imprint on my heart.
He didn't particularly give to us, but he became an example of giving that morning.
Our tables stood by the door of the Walmart store.
We sat behind the table with our smiles and hopeful hearts.
A man walked up pushing a shopping cart in front of him, and pulling another one behind him.
He looked at us and smiled.
Noticing that he didn't have a Walmart uniform on, I opened a conversation by asking,
"You must have alot of shopping to do?"
We both giggled.
He responded,
"No. I actually do this everytime I come to the store. I bring in two buggies from the parking lot. One for the cart that I will eventually leave in the parking lot when I leave, and one for the person behind me who will eventually leave a buggie in the parking lot. "
I think my mouth dropped open at his generosity.
What selflessness.
He might not have given a monetary donation that day, but he gave me something else.
Giving comes in all different ways, shapes and sizes.
It even comes in the shape of a shopping cart.
Be a blessing today...
give!
Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it shall be measured to you.
Psalm 119:36
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!