Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The pre-birthday post!!

Tomorrow is the big day!
The day that I turn the big 3-9.
You know what that means don't you?
It means the very next day, I will be less than one year away from being the bigger 4-0!
I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Am I supposed to be freaking out?
Should I run out and buy all sorts of non-aging creams and ointments for my face and eyes?
Do I begin a mid-life crisis?
Do I begin to take a daily attendance record of the wrinkles on my face?
Should I begin to buy clothes in a different section of Stage?
(The one with elastic waistbands.)
Do I begin to look into power chairs?
Whew!!
That sounds like an awful lot of work.
In all honesty, speaking the troof, from the bottom of my heart...
I really could care less.
I've never been one to be bothered with age.
What's the big deal-ee-oh?
I mean...you are as young as you feel right?
I feel good.
I actually, feel great.
When I think of the age that I am turning, I can't believe that I'm that old.
It just doesn't feel right.
I have begun noticing a few changes, but I still don't think it's enough to be gettin' all in a tissy about.
I have to color my hair to cover up those stubborn greys every four weeks, instead of every six.
I wake up before seven o'clock every morning...even when I do not work, and on Saturdays.
I get hungry before noon.
I like beans...alot!
I punished my daughter from her cell phone, took it from her, hid it somewhere that she couldn't find it...and now I can't remember where I put it.
(minor setback)
In a week and a half, I will be the mom of an official college student.
(I still have a 9 yr old and a 14 yr old at home-that should help me stay young-and alert!)
I would rather watch the news than reality t.v.
I've been really wanting to go play a fun game of Bingo.
(that's no lie)
No big deal...right?
Nah...no biggie.
I am writing my birthday blog today, because, #1: I have to work. (Boo!) and #2: Two of my very special friends invited me over for coffee and cake tomorrow.
What a special time of love, laughter and sweetness that will be!!
I was told to show up with an empty stomach to eat lots of cake.
Maybe I shouldn't eat today...
Who am I kidding? It will be eleven o'clock within a couple of hours!
To commemorate by birthday, I wanted to give a shout out to all of you wonderful people who share a birthday with me!!
Happy Birthday Vance Campbell!!
(he is my friend's husband, who I have never actually met in person)
Happy Birthday Dr. Phil!!
(I knew I loved him for a reason)
Happy Birthday Gloria Estefan!!
(I remember watching my sisters hold their hairbrushes and sing to her music)
Happy Birthday Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees!!
(yes...I remember their music)
Happy Birthday Conway Twitty!!
(my mother was a huge fan!)
Happy Birthday Richard Farnsworth!!
(not sure who he is, but I felt guilty leaving him out)
Here are some fun facts about September 1st and the month in general:
The day that the poem Mary Had A Little Lamb was published in 1830.
It is National Chicken Month.
(my favorite poultry!)
Sept 9th is National Teddy Bear Day.
(awwwe.)
Sept 16th is National Play-doh Day.
(that could get a little messy)
Sept 19th is Talk Like A Pirate Day.
(I love you Captain Jack Sparrow!)
Sept 21st is National Peacemaker Day.
(I AM a lover, not a fighter.)
In Latin, September means "seven" or "seventh".
(That's my favorite number and the day I married my honey-buns! Co-inky-dink? I think not.)
It is the month that FOOTBALL begins!!
(Geaux Saints!)
September's birthstone is sapphire, which means "clear thinking".
(I'm a little confused.)
The birth flowers for September are Forget Me Nots and Morning Glory.
(That makes since.)
and last but surely not least...
Drum roll please...
ppdddddddddddddd...
September 1st is Independance Day in Uzbekistan!!
(I'm not sure why this is relevant at all. If you were wondering, it is a country in Asia.)
These are things about me that you may or may not know:
Hold on to your britches, cuz I'm a pretty exciting gal!
I love to clean!
I love watching The Office.
(Michael Scott is da-bomb-diggity!)
Scrabble is to me, a sport of champions.
I love veggies!
(all of them, even brussel sprouts)
My birthname is Tamara Anne Higginbotham.
(pronounced Tah-mur-ruh...not, Tuh-my-ruhh like all the telemarketers think.)
I love to sing!!
I loathe liver!
I think chocolate and peanut butter should be a food group.
I'm the baby of a litter of children.
When I was little, I accidentally stuck a roley-poley up my nose and had to go to the ER to get it sucked out.
(yes! accidentally!)
I am a tad bit clumsy.
I believe, that getting my eyebrows waxed is a form of torture!
(I'm a plucker.)
My favorite singer is Michael Buble!
(His music brings me to a happy place, the place where my grandparents' memory lives)
I would love to learn how to Salsa dance!!
(my husband says I might be too clumsy for that)
I once helped my mother-n-law ring the necks of chickens, and then we cleaned them. Yep! I even plucked their feathers off.
(You haven't lived til you stick your hand up a dead chickens' warm hiney and it clucks.)
(Did I mention that I wore camouflage for our big hunt in the chicken coop for the perfect chickens?)
I have a fear of rollercoasters and snakes.
(not necessarily at the same time, but if that were to happen, I would probably pray for death)
I do not watch horror films!!
(I still have nightmares of watching Poltergeist as a child.)
I love comedies!!
Hince: My favorite past time is laughing!!
I would love to talk like Mr. Gru on Despicable Me.
I am allergic to cats and dogs.
I have two cats and two dogs.
(what can I say? I live on the edge.)
I love to read!
I died once.
God, not only graciously offered me salvation through Jesus, but gave me a second chance to share His love and gift with others.
I do not like makeup.
(It's just so much work.)
I do not like shopping.
(unless it's for a new book.)
I love to cook!!
Hince: My favorite show this season was Master Chef.
I love blogging.
I want to write one book in my lifetime, that will change one person's life.
I want to publish a children's book.
I'm in love with my Savior.
I would like to one day, speak to hundreds of women about how much God truly loves them, and where He is willing to go for their sake.
The thought of speaking in public gives me the bubbly-gutt.
My three children are my life!
My husband and I are about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
(I love that man!)
I love my life and wouldn't change it for anything.
I believe that Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of The Living God.
He was born of a virgin, crucified and died on a cross to redeem the sins of the world, buried in a borrowed tomb, three days later rose from that grave and descended into Heaven.
And, on one glorious, glorious day, with blazing trumpets sounding, He will return to judge the living and the dead!
I believe that the grace that He offers is endless.
His love consumes my soul.
I believe that every breath, and every day, is a gift from Him who gives me life!!
Thank You sweet Jesus, for saving me, over and over again!!
Happy Birthday to Me!!
(one day early)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Happy Pre-Birthday! We are exactly one year and one month apart. Mine the worst of the two! My day is Oct. 1st and I will be the big 4-0. Ew. Yuck. I don't even like saying it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear it well my friend, cuz I could have sworn I was waaay older than you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!