Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is waiting.





Today is Valentine's Day.

A day to celebrate LOVE.

I could spend the next few minutes typing a blog about how in love I am with my husband and how much he loves me...

or how much I love and feel love when my kids are all around me.

But,
what good would that do for you?


Instead,
I'd like to tell you about a Love that surpasses all of the Love mentioned in the first few sentences.

It surpasses all of the love that you have felt in your entire lifetime on earth.


You see,
over 2,000 years ago, you recieved a Love letter from the One who wanted your heart more than your spouse or your children or your friends have ever wanted it.


That love letter was in the form of a man, Jesus.


A precious Lamb, born of a virgin,
wrapped in swaddling clothes,
slain on the cross,
and resurrected to bring to YOU only what He could...

 
the love of His father.


John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.


Think about that for a moment...

Has anyone ever loved you that much?

With That LOVE, He brought salvation for you and me.
So that we might live free from our sin and the bondage of terror that it brings.

Don't you want to find freedom?

Don't you want to feel Love that consumes your entire being?

Aren't you tired of searching and running and filling empty, only to come up exhausted?


Did you know that your heart was designed to fit perfectly within His?
That the hole or emptiness that we all long to fill within us, can only be filled by His love, not anything artificial made by man.

That your life, your precious life, was created for His glory.


He is LOVE.
He is Salvation.
He takes you as you are.
He redeems.
He makes new.
He heals.
He fills you up.
He completes you.

He never leaves you.

He LOVES you!


Make this Valentine's Day the most amazing one yet...

surrender to the King of Kings, the lover of your soul, who surrendered it all for YOU.

Love is waiting.







If you have never invited Jesus to come into your life as Lord and Savior,
I invite you to do that today.



Jesus,
I know I'm a sinner and I know that my sin separates me from You,
and I don't want that.

I believe that you died on the cross for my sins then resurrected, so that I may live eternally with You.

I ask you to come into my life and be Lord of my life from this day forward.

Cleanse my life and make me what You would have me to be.

I thank you Jesus for saving me.



If you just said that prayer,
congratulations, you are a new creature in Christ!

Old things are gone, new things are to come!


Happy Valentine's Day!


(Please message me or email me if you prayed the prayer above. I would like to personally congratulate you and hear your story.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!