Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bridegroom.



 
Well, hi everyone.
 I am sure most of you are well aquainted with me, at least my name.

Haha.

 I am the daughter of the famous blogger, Tammy Stelly.

 Not only is it an honor to be writing a blog on her blog page,
but it is pretty sweet to be her daughter as well.
 She is the best mother that I could ask for.
 If I was stuck with someone else, well, it would be interesting, to say the least.

Anyways, moving on.

I would like to share a little bit about what God has been doing inside me
and through me in the past seven months.

As some of you know,
I am in Master's Commission,
a college program designed to get to know the heart of God while learning how to make Him known.

I began my second year in September.
The first year of Master's Commission is all about you being poured into by awesome women of God and just figuring out who you are in God,
 although I believe you are never done figuring that out.
(That's just me though.)


The second year is dedicated to coming back as a leader and being a disciple in training.

 Disciple in training.

That's what God is molding me into these past seven months.

What a difficult thing it is!
Don't get me wrong guys, it's beautiful.
 Everytime I see these amazing women of God growing, changing, and transforming,
I look up to God and say, "Lord, thank you."

 However, I have to say recently I forgot that I needed to be filled up to pour out.

Then, I thought I got things right.
 I was praying. I was reading His word. I was loving His people.

 I said that I loved Him, but I felt like I was missing something.

 Sometime in March,
 I found myself being so distracted by future plans, by people, and by the opinions of others.
Anything that could get me off of His face, that's what I was looking at.

 There was a song I wrote in the beginning of my year, and it was about God telling me to keep my eyes on Him because there was nothing better to see....
He reminded me of this song and I couldn't help but feel convicted.

 I asked God to forgive me and to help me.
Then, He told me that He wanted me to be intimate with Him.

 Intimacy.
What does that even look like?

I remember feeling literally afraid of failing.
 I told God ,
"I don't know how to be intimate with people, much less you."

 It was a moment of honesty with myself.
How scary is it to just be honest to God, not in our thoughts, but out loud, vulnerable, saying...

 "Here I am God. Even though you already know my condition. This is where I am at."
 

The definition of intimacy is close familiarity or friendship; closeness.



Now that I knew what He wanted from me, I had to figure out how to give it to Him.

"Father, I love you!" I cried.

 "But how do I fall in love with you? I've only seen you as a Father, a friend, a comforter. But my love, my husband? "

My first year of Master's Commission, I was influenced by a girl named Mallory.
 She always talked about being in love with Jesus.

I got what she was saying.
I respected it and believed it to be absolutely true that God is our first love, but the idea of me feeling that way or experiencing God in this romance type way was just out of the question for me.

I am the girl with the walls.
I am the one who is stubborn.
I am the one who runs to the altars last, because I don't always want people to see me.
 I am not the falling in love with Jesus type.
I fear Him. I love Him.
 I don't fall in love.

Besides, every time I thought I was in love, I got it all wrong.
Intimacy was a fear of mine.
 Kinda still is.

But I must tell you, things are changing.

A few weeks ago, I was praying about being intimate with God.
I was also reading one of my books from Westcoast,
the online Bible college that I am a part of.

 I came upon a single paragraph titled "Intimacy with God."

Of course.

God is so crazy sometimes.

I read the first sentence.

It said,
 "The reason that people are afraid of intimacy is because they are scared that once that person sees everything about them, they will no longer like them."

I mean...what else is there to say?

 That statement was everything I needed to face.
Not only was it true, but it was me.

 I told God,
"Okay, this is me.
I am scared that You won't like me too much if I start drawing close to you
 in an intimate way.
I know that You will always love me God.
 But what about me is appealing? I sorta suck without You."

 Then, I thought about the relationships I had been a part of in my past,
 and the way that they drew me.

They took me on dates. They bought me flowers.

 So, I asked God to help me fall in love with Him.
 I need God to even want God.
Crazy concept.
We need God to want Him.
 Our flesh doesn't desire intimacy with God.

Intimacy with God is the exact thing that Adam and Eve had with Him in a perfect world,
yet abandoned it.
 
But why is it treated as though it was never given back?

The devil's plan is that his daughters and sons would never know intimacy with Him.
God created me to love Him,
but to also know intimacy with Him.

Like most Christian women my age, I have been thinking about marriage lately.
 But the more I think about it, the more I need to draw near to God.
If I don't understand intimacy with my Creator,
 I shall never be able to be intimate with a man.
 It will fail.
The marriage will fail.
 Being cutesy will only get me so far.
Being respectful will only get me so far.
 But intimacy...
 Intimacy is what will build the relationship.
 A closeness.

 The thing about intimacy though, is that no matter how much your groom pursues you,
 you must be willing to go with Him to the secret place.
 He can't make you come closer, but He can draw you.
 

I was reading Ezekiel 16,
which is God talking to Jerusalem,
the adulterous wife He calls her, because of all of her sins against Him.

 I thought it was such a beautiful picture of God's love for me.

 It's Ezekiel 16:8-14

 "Later, I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you
and covered your naked body.
 I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you,
declares the Sovereign Lord, and you became mine.
 I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you
 and put ointments on you.
I clothed you with an embroidered dress
and put sandals of fine leather on you.
 I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments.
 I adorned you with jewelry:
 I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck,
and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears,
and a beautiful crown on your head.
 So you were adorned with gold and silver;
 your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth.
Your food was honey, olive oil and the finest flour.
You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen.
And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty,
 because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect,
declares the Sovereign Lord."

He goes on to say how she has taken all of the items of beauty He gave her and prostituted them to "anyone who passed by."

As I read this, I was so burdened.
I thought God, how many times do I give my heart out to random people and witness, but I am hesitant to be intimate with You.
I am afraid.
 Wow.
Afraid of what He has given to me, the gift of intimacy.
 It is a gift!
I had been missing out on this entire characteristic of God because of my own fear.


Intimacy with God is something that I am experiencing lately.
 It is one of the most amazing things I have ever known.
It is not based on an emotion either.
 I am not always giddy to be in God's presence,
but I am finding myself more and more in love with His character.
 
 The emotions raging inside me are so incredibly flimsy, but God is my constant love.
 
Not only is He drawing me closer, He is whispering things to me in the secret place.
He is establishing me as a woman.
He is telling me that I am loved. And that is enough.

No amount of makeup, weight loss, hair product,
or anything can make me more appealing to God.

He saw me from the beginning and called me His own.
 
The question He has been asking me, I will pose to you who are reading this...
 
 "Love, why are you afraid? You were naked from the start. "

Exposing ourselves before God is not something to be scorned.
 
 When we show Him who we are, we are walking in complete freedom.
 
 
Psalm 139:1-24.
 "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit down and rise up.
You discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down and
 are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue, before O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in behind and before and lay your hand upon me."

 
I do not believe that David ever regretted dancing before God.
 I can't imagine Mary feeling shame for washing Jesus' feet.
 
 Worship is not shameful.
 
I believe that by God calling me to intimacy with Him,
He is calling me to a place of deeper worship.
 
 Let's go there.
Let's stop being afraid of Him not liking what He sees.
He has seen everything already.

 It is time to take the coverings off and dance unashamed with our Groom.

 It is time for intimacy.

And with that, these are the lyrics to one of my songs titled "Bridegroom."

You may click the link below the lyrics to listen to the song.

 I pray that this has ministered to someone today.
 
 
 White dress
walking down the aisle
bouquet in hand
heart on fire
here I am
polished and new
ready to follow you
unveil me
unveil me so gently
Bridegroom, I do I do.

 
Bridegroom
http://youtu.be/9QLv3ZNJE2w

(Song and lyrics protected by U.S. Copyright)


It has been an amazing two years for Amber in her XMC experience!

God has given her the opporunity to reach out to people all over the United States
and also countries abroad, such as Romania and Italy,
 with the Gospel and the Love of Jesus.

God is pursuing His children!

As with any other mission field,
at home or abroad,
there is an expense.
            
Amber is in need of either sponsors or donations to continue her journey through Master's Commission to receive her Bachelors degree in Biblical Counseling.


There is a balance of $2,500.00
and we are believing God to provide the rest of her tuition by the deadline,
 which falls at the beginning of May.

If we could get 25 people to donate $100.00--it would pay off her balance.

We know God is capable of this!

If you are interested in sponsoring Amber or giving a donation towards her tuition,
(of any amount)
and have a question about anything,
please email me at tammy.stelly@yahoo.com.

If you can not give at this time, we would appreciate your prayers!


Sponsorships or donations can be mailed to:

Crossroads Church
150 Verona Drive
Lafayette, LA 70507

Please make checks payable to Crossroads Master's Commission
and
put Amber Stelly-XMC in the memo section.


Thank you!






3 comments:

  1. Oh Amber, I feel as if you were writing from my heart. My husband went to be with the lord 4/10/05. God has been my husband ever since. It was a year my sister went to be with the lord 4/14/13. I have tried to keep the people I love at a distance, I didn't want to lose anyone else. Thank you for sharing your heart, it has touched mine. Thank you Father for Amber she shall be in my prayers. God is so awesome, he put on my heart to do something, and then I read your moms request. He confirmed it for me. I love your song, it is truly beautiful, and I would like to buy a copy. You give your mom a huge hug for me, love you both in the name of Christ Jesus always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only say this to you, keep on loving out Father and he will show you all you will ever need in this life and the one after for your works here is not done he has a special place in heaven for you when you get there to carry on...This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a while about one with the Father and I'm so glad to see that all of all ages are seeing what the FATHER WANTS FOR US TODAY NOT WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN. God bless all that you do and may all of your needs be paid in full and more. keep up the great work of God. Penny Beard Ott

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!