Wednesday, April 3, 2013

You'll have to excuse me...

 
 
 
I walked into the room with my hair slicked down to my scalp
 and wearing my signature greasy Alfalfa curl on the top of my head.
 
I was doing my monthly "cover them grays" hair coloring.
 
(Yes, monthly. It's quite sad.)
 
My little guy notices me and says,
"You coloring your hair Mom?"
 
"Ugggh, yes."
I reply.
 
"What color are you coloring it?"
He asks.
 
"I'm coloring it brown."
I answer back.
 
"Well I thought your hair was already brown."
He says.
 
"Yes it is, but I am coloring the gray roots coming out, brown."
I explain.
 
"Oh Mom. You should be proud of your gray hair. You look pretty with it. You should just keep it the way it is. We love you just the way you are."
He says.
 
Oh. my. goodness.
 
We spend so much time making ourselves over...
plucking,
waxing,
coloring,
tanning,
makeup applying,
dieting,
 obsessing,
and whatever else we do,
 
when all along there are people around us who love us just the way we are.
 
Just. the. way. we. are.
 
Sigh...
 
I could write on and on about this, and maybe I will on another day,
but,
you'll have to excuse me...
 
I have to go hug my son for the rest of his life!
 
 
Song of Solomon 4:7
 
"You are altogether beautiful, my darling, And there is no blemish in you."
 
 


1 comment:

  1. for the rest of his life! haahahaa!

    what a sweet thing for him to say. still though, i'm not giving up plucking and shaving... i just know in my knower that doing that would be a terrible mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!